Sunday 6 March 2016

Proster Walkie-Talkies ("Full Black")


Rating: 4/5

Review:
Good walkie-talkies



I was kindly sent the "Full Black" version of these walkie-talkies for review, and I think they are very good.

The twin units come simply but adequately packaged, with a good user manual.  They take 3 AA batteries each which are not supplied; I use rechargeables which work fine.  The units are solidly made and seem robust and durable – I will report back if I have any problems with durability but I'm not expecting any, and I think these will stand up well to the knocks and drops of regular use.  The belt-clips are very good, by the way, and keep them firmly and safely clipped on.  (The clips are removable if you don't need them.)

They work very well: sound is pretty clear and they have the usual choice of 8 channels to avoid interference.  They are simple to operate and range seems OK, but I live in a very built-up area and here the claim of 3km range is ridiculous; they're OK up to a few hundred metres at best and I wouldn't want to depend on them beyond that.  (You may have better luck where you are, of course.)  However, for the very local use I want them for, they are excellent and will be fine for their advertised uses in "supermarkets, shopping centres, festivals etc."

I'm very pleased with these.  They are well made and they do the job well provided you don’t need very long range.  Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment