Sunday 7 May 2017

Seagate Expansion 2TB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive


Rating: 5/5

Review:
An excellent EHD



So far this portable EHD has been excellent.  I bought it so that I could have my music and so on in an easily portable form and it is doing the job very well.

The drive is compact and surprisingly light.  To me it has a slightly flimsy feel, but seems to be standing up well to being moved around pretty constantly.  It's a neat little thing with just a short USB3.0 lead (about 40cm) to plug in and a discreet blue LED which is lit when plugged in and flashes to indicate data transfer.

It is genuinely plug-and-play on Windows 10; it was recognised and ready to use within a very few seconds on all three devices I've tried it with.  Transfer speeds are good; I only have USB2.0 but I get around 15-20MB/s write speed for normal music files, which is very similar to the powered desktop EHDs (also Seagate) which I have been using for getting on for 5 years now.  I'm impressed; so far it's just quietly and efficiently doing the job I wanted.  It is too early to comment on durability and reliability but my existing Seagate drives have been trouble-free and I will be surprised if this is any different.  I will update this review if I have any problems.

In short, this is a good drive which just does the job without any fuss.  Recommended.

Amazon page HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment