Sunday 3 January 2016

VicTop Wireless doorbell/motion alarm/motion activated light


Rating: 5/5

Review:
A very good doorbell

I was sent this doorbell for review, and I think it is very good. It looks good, it is well made and it does the job very well.

The whole thing is wireless, so it's dead easy to fit. The bell-push attaches to the door frame either using screws or an adhesive pad (both are provided – although the screws seem far too long for the job). It takes a small battery which is supplied with the unit. The ringer needs 3 AA batteries (not supplied)…and that's it. There's a holder which can be attached to a wall if you like (again, screws and adhesive pad are supplied) or, like me, you can just use it free-standing and carry it around if you need to. It works very well. Range is good so I can take it outside at the back of the house and it still rings; there's a large choice of ringtones although personally I just stick to good old "bing-bong" and you can adjust the volume to your needs. It's just what I want as a doorbell and I'm very pleased with it.

The ringer unit has two other functions if you need them. It can be set as a motion-sensitive alarm, and as a motion-activated light. Personally, I'm unlikely to use either, but I've tested them and they work very well, so they could be very handy extra functions if you need them.

I'm very pleased with this unit. It is plainly good quality and it does the job simply and without fuss. Warmly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment