Monday 29 August 2016

GGMM Cuckoo earphones


Rating: 5/5

Review:
Excellent sound and build quality



I was sent these "Cuckoo" earphones for review, and I'm very impressed.  I have tested a lot of earphones, some significantly more expensive than these, and I think these have the best sound I have yet heard.

The sound is the most important thing for me, so I'll start with that.  In short, I think it is excellent.  There is a very strong bass but I don't find it boomy or overbearing.  The sound is well balanced and although I have heard sharper trebles, the tops are fine and the overall balance is excellent.  I have listened to a lot of music through these now including my Test Playist which I use to compare audio products.   This runs from 16th-Century choral music to London Grammar and covers most things in between and I think everything sounds really good.  Articulation of individual orchestral instruments is excellent, chamber music sounds intimate and crystal-clear, rock really rocks, and so on.  Certainly if you like a real kick in the bass, these will suit you very well.

The earphones are well made and look very nice – with probably the most stylish packaging I have seen.  They are machined aluminium with a red satin-effect finish (also on the plug), a good ribbon cable (also in red) and a simple control panel with basic but effective music and phone controls.  They have the air of a quality product and I expect them to last very well.

My default earbuds for years have been a much-loved pair of RHA MA600.  They've now been superseded by these Cuckoos, which is high praise.  I'm delighted with them and can recommend them very warmly.

Amazon page HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment