Wednesday 17 August 2016

Mindkoo Mini speaker, Model MK-025


Rating: 4/5

Review:
A good compact speaker



I was sent this speaker for review. I like it – it's very neat, well made and has good sound.

The speaker is nicely packaged and comes with a micro-USB charging cable, a jack-to-jack lead and a decent user manual. It feels very solid and well made and has a good, robust feel to it.  The styling is nice, and I like the overall look of the speaker a lot.  The aluminium case is very solid and it's a very pleasing little object.

I say "little" because it is very compact at roughly 12cm long x 5.5cm high x 6cm deep.  The AUX input, charging port and on/off switch are on the back so they are accessible but unobtrusive and there is a very neat rocker on the top for volume and skip forward/back on the top. They all work very well and also allow hands-free calls via the inbuilt microphone.  Bluetooth connection was simple and solid up to at least 6 metres.

The sound is good for such a compact speaker. I have listened to a lot of music through it, including my standard list of Test Tracks which I use to test all audio products. This runs from Tudor choral music to London Grammar and it all sounds good. The tops are sharp, the middles are nice and rich and the bass is perfectly adequate from a unit of this size – although if you want a real bass thump you might need to look elsewhere. It goes loud enough to fill a medium-sized room without audible distortion and battery life seems to be around 5 hours continuous use at medium volume, which is fine for me.

In short, this is a very nicely made compact speaker with decent sound and which should last you for many years.  I have tried a lot of speakers in this sort of price range; I think this is a good one and I can recommend it.

Amazon page HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment