Tuesday 25 October 2016

Etekcity Kitchen Scales


Rating: 5/5

Review:
Very good kitchen scales



The manufacturer sent me these scales for review and I think they are excellent. I use kitchen scales a lot so I want something really good, and these fit the bill.

The scales look very stylish and they are also extremely good in use which is the critical thing for me. They seem very robust and should stand up to the knocks, scrapes and drops of frequent kitchen use.  They sit solidly on non-slip feet and have a good sized weighing surface (about 22cm x 19cm). The surface is brushed stainless steel, covered with a very tough, clear plastic layer, so the surface doesn't get smeared with fingerprints and so on and is extremely easy to clean. The display is backlit, large and very easy to read and the control buttons are convenient and easy to use.

The scales have four units: grammes, ounces, fl. oz. and ml.  (Personally, I never fl. oz. and ml, but others may find them useful.)  I have tested them and they are accurate to 1g or 0.1oz and have a tare (or zero) function so you can reset to zero once your container is on the scales and just weigh the contents as you add them. They use 3 x AAA batteries which are supplied and are easy to get when you need replacements. 

I'm very pleased with these scales. They are well made, they look very good and they work very well.  At just over ten quid at the time of writing I think they are excellent value, too, and I can recommend these very warmly.

Amazon page HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment