Wednesday 6 April 2016

iGadgitz - NC-600 noise cancelling headphones


Rating: 5/5

Review:
Excellent noise-cancelling headphones



I was sent these iGadgitz NC-600 headphones for review and I am very impressed.  They are well made, the sound quality is excellent and the active noise-cancelling works very well.

The first thing to say is that I was genuinely surprised by how good the sound is.  I have tested a lot of headphones and these are definitely among the best I have found in this price range – in fact they sound significantly more expensive to me.  The sound is excellently balanced with strong, resonant bass and middles which makes them excellent for rock, pop and the like. I also find the treble very good.  It's perfectly OK in normal mode but, oddly, gets a significant boost when the Noise Cancelling is switched on, which I think improves the sound significantly.   I have listened to a lot of music through these headphones, including my Test Tracks list, which gives all aspects of the sound a thorough trial. It starts with 16th Century choral music, it ends with London Grammar and it has most things in between, and everything sounds very good to me. Chamber, orchestral and large choral works are clear and distinct with a lovely full sound, and things like classic rock sound great and the deep, rolling bass in London Grammar's Hey Now (one of my standard tests of headphones) really resonates. Volume goes plenty loud enough for me with no audible distortion and they're just really good to listen to.

The active noise cancelling works very well; it does genuinely cancel out most of the world's general hubbub like traffic noise or the background noise on a train or aeroplane, although loud voices, single loud noises and the like are still audible.  This is a really handy feature for me and I like it very much.

The headphones come nicely packaged, with a very nice hard carry-case, standard mini-USB charging lead, a jack-to-jack lead and a good set of instructions in pretty decent English. The design is very nice and functionally they are excellent. They are light and very comfortable in use, with on/off and volume + and - buttons on the left earcup and pause/play and skip forward and back on the other. These also serve as the standard phone controls you would expect and all work well, as does the built-in microphone. On the right earcup is the active noise cancelling switch and an additional volume wheel control.  All work very well.  There is good padding on the earcups and headband, I find them comfortable for several hours use.

The headphones have both Bluetooth and wired connectivity.  Bluetooth pairing is simple (standard pairing, by the way - they do not have NFC), I found the range good with no loss of signal up to about 8 metres and battery life is good. The wired connection via the jack lead is also very good and I notice no difference in sound quality between the two modes. The headphones work in wired mode without having to be switched on, so if you do run out of charge it's a handy fallback.
 
I think these are excellent headphones, especially at this price. They are functional, stylish and comfortable, the sound is very good and the active noise cancellation works very well. These seem to me to be a real bargain at this price and I can recommend them very warmly.

No comments:

Post a Comment