Sunday 25 September 2016

Aulola - 4-gang power strip with USB ports


Rating: 5/5

Review:
A very good power strip



Aulola sent me this power strip for review and I think it is a very robust and useful product.

The power strip has four UK mains sockets and four USB charging ports, two rated at 1A for phones and similar, and two at 2.4A for tablets and higher-drain devices. It doesn't have individually switched sockets but the whole thing is controlled by a single neon-lit switch if you want to turn everything off, and it all works very well. The lead is a decent length and it has a Velcro strip to hold it if you need to coil the lead. The whole thing is very solid and well made; it is obviously extremely robust and will last for many years, I think. (I will update this review if I have any problems with reliability, but I'm not expecting any.)

The power strip is 4cm high and just over 8cm wide so it is rather a chunky thing. This isn't a problem for me because I have it hidden away with the leads I need permanently plugged into it, but if you are going to keep it somewhere visible for access to the ports or need something slim, it may be a consideration. It's certainly not enough to lose a star because it's an excellent product otherwise, but it is worth mentioning, I think.

In summary, this is an excellent, versatile power strip and I can recommend it warmly.

Amazon page HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment