Wednesday 16 December 2015

Comanro Ergonomic Vertical Mouse


Rating: 5/5

Review:
A very good vertical mouse

I was kindly sent this ergonomic vertical mouse for my objective review. I wasn't at all sure how I'd get on with it but after several days' continuous use I like it very much. It's a good quality item and it seems to help.

The idea, pretty obviously, is that this mouse can be used with your hand in the position your hand naturally falls into. It looks like a pretty big unit for a mouse, but it needs to be to support your hand in the right position and it does the job very well. I'm surprised by how much difference it makes; I do get sore tendons sometimes from excessive mouse-use and this seems to have solved the problem.

It does take a bit of getting used to, to be honest, but once I'd settled in with it (only an hour or so) it was fine. The buttons are pretty much the same as my old conventional mouse: left and right buttons and scroll wheel are the same, but nearly vertical rather than horizontal. Forward and back buttons are above and below the thumb respectively and are simple to use. There's also a button to scroll through cursor speed settings which I like a lot. I don't game and will probably leave it on the setting I've found best for me, but it's good to be able to adjust so easily.

There are two things I'm not quite so keen on. Firstly, the left and right buttons are very light-touch and sensitive, so I do find myself clicking when I didn't mean to occasionally. I'm getting more used to it now and it will probably be OK in the end, but it can be a bit of a nuisance. The second is the illuminated, pulsing logo on the side which changes colour depending on what cursor speed you've selected. It's only a small thing, but I could do with a less bling, more discreet indicator.

These minor things aside, this is a very good-quality item and I think it works very well. It is certainly much more comfortable for me than a normal mouse and I can recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment