Friday 11 December 2015

Umenice collapsible umbrella


Rating 5/5

Review:
A very good quality umbrella

Amazon UK page

I was sent this collapsible umbrella for review and I am very impressed. I was surprised at what a good quality item it is.

The umbrella is very well made. It has a quality feel about it and both the materials and the engineering are excellent. The metal ribs are sturdy and are reinforced with tough fibreglass struts making them very strong. I haven't tried this in a strong wind (and hope I don't have to!) but it is very solid and I think it will stand up to some pretty rough treatment. The fabric is Teflon-coated which genuinely does make it very easy to dry because almost all the water just runs or shakes off, and it's a good size so it gives good protection against the rain for a collapsible umbrella.

It's very easy to use. One press of the button and it springs into full umbrella shape. Another press collapses the canopy and you then just have to collapse the shaft and wrap the Velcro-secured band around to secure the fabric. Both are very easily done and you can then slip it into the nice protective sleeve. The handle is large and comfy in the hand and gives a good grip.

The only slight disadvantage of this umbrella may be its weight. It is heavier than many collapsible umbrellas because of the quality of its construction. I find it fine in a bag, but you may like to be warned if you're looking for something really light weight.

Other than that, this is excellent. It now has a permanent home in the bag I carry with me and I expect it to last there for many years. I will update this review if I have any durability problems, but I'm not expecting any. This is a robust, practical and smart umbrella - and, to be honest, far better quality than I expected. Warmly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment