Saturday 3 December 2016

Charles Wilson Pea Coat (navy)


Rating: 5/5

Review:
An excellent pea coat

I think this pea coat is really nice. It's very well made and looks very good.

The coat is made from 60% wool and 40% polyester, which makes it fairly light but it's still good and warm – and the polyester component should make it hard-wearing, too. It's very nicely made: stitching is very solid throughout, buttons are securely fixed, the detailing is good and the lining looks very classy. It's just a nicely made coat with an air of quality about it.

The fit is good. I'm six feet tall and a fairly average build for a middle-aged man. XL fits me well across the shoulders and around the chest and abdomen, with a bit of room for some layers underneath. It comes down to the tops of my thighs, which is a good length for a pea coat. The arms are slightly long, coming over my wrists and to almost the base of my thumbs, but I don't find this a problem and I like the overall fit very much.

I think this is an excellent jacket – especially at this reasonable price. It looks and feels a good deal more expensive than it is, I think. I'm very pleased with mine and I can recommend it very warmly.

Amazon page HERE

Charles Wilson page HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment