Friday 9 December 2016

Umi Ultra-Slim Wireless Keyboard


Rating: 5/5

Review:
A very good keyboard



I like this keyboard very much.  It's smart, it's very nice to use and it works.

I have tried this with a Windows 10 tablet and an Android 6.0 phone, bith of which work fine with it.  Be aware that it wouldn't work with an older Android 5.1 phone; I don't know whether this is a foible of the phone or a general incompatibility, but be cautious if you intend to use it with older Android versions.

That aside, set-up was very simple.  You'll need to supply 2xAAA batteries for power (rechargeables work fine); after that, pairing was quick and simple, the connection was solid and the keyboard works perfectly.  I found the keys and the trackpad very nice to use, and it's a good size for my hands: fairly compact but comfortable to use as a normal keyboard.  It does the job very well. 

Umi make good quality products, and this is no exception.  It's smart with an aluminium back and it's very thin with a rest to angle it slightly for ease of use.  It feels solid and robust and I'd expect it to last very well.

In summary, I like the look of it, it's durable and I can just use it without any fuss or difficulty, which is all I want from a keyboard so there's not a lot more to say about it other than to recommend it warmly.

Amazon page HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment