Sunday 10 July 2016

Comtex Automatic Watch, Model S6361G-3RG


Rating: 5/5

Review:
A very good, stylish automatic watch



I was sent this Comtex automatic watch for review and I like it very much.  It seems very well made and is robust and stylish.

The watch comes in a decent if unspectacular presentation box with a good manual and a little cleaning cloth.  It gives an excellent impression; it is solid with a good weight and a very nice band of brown textured leather and there is a good, durable feel about it. It has a large face, 4cm in diameter (about 1.5 inches) which I think is stylish and attractive.  It has simple rose-gold coloured markings and luminous hands. The second hand has a continuous motion rather than second-by-second, which I like very much, and a good clear day and date display. (You can have the days in English or French.) The bezel is rose-gold in colour, with a very nicely shaped silver-finish steel body.  In short, it just looks really classy, I think.

Functionally, it's very good. The mechanism is mechanical not quartz-driven, and it's wound automatically by normal movement as it is worn on the wrist. (You can also wind it using the crown as normal.) There is a window in the back so you can see the movement and the winding mechanism in action.  The watch is almost silent – I can just hear a faint ticking if I hold it to my ear – and it keeps very good time.  It is waterproof for everyday purposes, so it will be OK if you drop it in the bath but it's not really suitable for prolonged immersion.

In summary, this is a very good watch which is very well made and durable. I can't find any fault with it and if you like the way this looks, I'd say don't hesitate. It's very good quality watch which should last you for years. Recommended.

Amazon page HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment