Friday 8 July 2016

D'Addario Sound-Hole tuner


Rating: 5/5

Review:
A very good little tuner

I think this is a very good little tuner. I've used a Planet Waves headstock tuner for a few years now and been very happy with it. I like this better.

This is also a Planet Waves tuner, but Planet Waves are part of D'Addario and they are re-branding. That means I'm pretty confident in the quality and durability of the tuner; my old one has been in daily use and has been completely reliable. This one looks a bit basic, but it's well made and does the job well.

The tuner sits inside the sound hole of an acoustic guitar. It's very discreet and is very easy to use. It's right in your eye-line as you look down, of course, which is helpful and I find it accurate and more sensitive than my headstock tuner. It responds to much quieter notes and gives a more stable and reliable display, so for me it's a real improvement.

I was a bit dubious about the idea of a sound-hole tuner, but I'm very pleased with this. I find it simple, convenient and accurate and I can recommend it warmly.

(It's worth adding that there was a problem with the on/off switch on the one I first received. D'Addario sent me a replacement as soon as they learned of the problem, and they did it very quickly, courteously and with no fuss. Customer service is excellent!)

No comments:

Post a Comment