Tuesday 19 July 2016

Lasmex C45 wired headphones


Rating: 5/5

Review:
Excellent wired headphones



I was sent these wired headphones for review and I am very impressed.  At the time of writing they cost well under thirty-five pounds and they are probably the best headphones I've tried in this price range.  They are stylish, well made, comfortable and the sound is exceptionally good.

Sound is the most important thing for me, so to begin with that: it is amazingly good at this price. The depth, warmth and crispness of articulation far exceeded what I expected.  I have listened to a lot of music through them now, including my Test Playlist which begins with Tudor choral music, ends up with London Grammar and includes most things in between. It all sounds excellent: treble is bright and crystal clear, the middle is full but very well defined and the bass is strikingly good – really rich and deep but never dominant or boomy, so the sound balance is excellent.  A string quartet sounds as though you're sitting there among them, every orchestral instrument is clear (the tympani roll magnificently in the Karelia Suite, for example and the horns sound fantastic) Leonard Cohen sounds as though he's present and murmuring "Amen" right in your ear, classic rock has a real punch, that fantastic deep bass in London Grammar's Hey Now is all there... In short, they're great, and just a pleasure to listen to.

I find them extremely comfortable. I sometimes don't get on that well with on-ear headphones, but these sit really well on my ears, forming a good sound-seal and staying comfortable for hours. They have a good grip which keeps them stable but it's not too firm, the earcups pivot to allow good positioning and the cushions are very soft.

The headphones seem well made and durable.  The earcups are machined aluminium and I like the simple, classy look of them very much.  They fold for easy transport and you get a very nice hard carry-case.  Two cables are supplied, one plain and one with an in-line panel to control music and calls.  (Note that these are wired connection only - there is no Bluetooth function.)  It all works very well, and the plugs are strong and stylish, too.

I don't mean to gush, but I really do think these are excellent.  I'm comparing these with other on-ear phones like Bose SoundTrue and Noontec Zoro II, both of which I think are very good indeed.  These are just as good, I think (possibly better) and at a significantly lower price. If you want a pair of comfortable, stylish on-ear headphones with good build quality and excellent sound, these will do you very well. Very warmly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment