Wednesday 4 May 2016

Breville VTT686 Toaster


Rating: 4/5

Review:
A good toaster



This is a good toaster.  It looks nice, seems solidly made and does the job well.

The toaster has a metal shell with high-gloss white ends.  I think it looks very nice in my kitchen – stylish without being over-flashy.  The controls are neat and simple to use, and I especially like the "Lift & Look" feature (despite its rather silly title).  It simply means that you can lift your toast up with the lever and check it without turning off the elements and then having to start again.

Two small points are worth noting:
- The metal case, especially the top, does get very hot.  This is to be expected to an extent, but you really do have to watch out that you don't burn yourself on this one.  It's not a problem for me, but if it's used by young ones or older people whose co-ordination or mental acuity has declined a bit, this may be a consideration.
- The metal case looks nice, but it does show every greasy finger-mark which, with butter often in the vicinity, may be a nuisance.

These are only minor matters, though.  As a toaster I think this is good.  Breville are a reputable make so I'd expect this to last well; if you're looking for a smart, very functional toaster, I can recommend this one.

Amazon Product Page HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment