Saturday 14 May 2016

Kronen & Sohne Fob watch KSP004


Rating: 4/5

Review:
A nice watch



This fob watch was sent to me without charge for my objective review.  I think it's good: it is well made and robust and it keeps good time.

The watch comes very nicely packaged in a smart box, so it would make a good gift.  The watch itself is about 2" across and 0.5" thick, which is pretty much what I'd expect in a watch like this.  It has a tough metal case in a dark, almost black-looking metal with an engraved finish.  It is in a half-hunter style, with the window in the outer case being open rather than glazed.  The Roman numerals on the outer case and the hands are white, which isn't quite to my taste but does make them very clear.  The numerals on the inner face are Arabic and in silver, which is a colour that looks more consistent with the style of the watch, I think.  There are also windows onto the works both front and rear, which is a stylish touch.

You also get a nice matching fob-chain with a pocket clip and a novelty key if you want to complete the full effect of "watch and chain."  The key is just ornamental because you wind the watch using the crown, which also serves to adjust the hands.  It opens in the traditional way by pressing a button on top of the crown, and I find that everything works very smoothly and easily.  I wind it every morning and it keeps very good time for a mechanical watch.

This is plainly a good quality product which I'd expect to last very well, so if the style appeals to you don't hesitate.  I can recommend it.

Amazon page HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment