Sunday 19 June 2016

233621 E610 Active Noise Cancelling Earbuds


Rating: 5/5

Review:
Excellent noise-cancelling earphones



I was sent these earphones for review and I think they are excellent. They are of very good build quality with effective Active Noise-Cancelling and the sound quality is quite exceptionally good,  think.

The earphones are well packaged and come with a nice soft carry-case, a good User Manual, extra silicone and Comply foam tips to fit smaller or larger ears, airplane adaptor and micro-USB lead for charging.

Functionally they work well, with a microphone and simple control for the phone on the left-hand lead.  (This is designed for Apple devices and the in-line controls may not work on all Android devices.)  The Active Noise Cancelling is controlled by a switch on a separate in-line panel and is remarkably effective: general background noise is very significantly reduced and almost vanishes much of the time. I can still hear when someone speaks to me and they don't keep out sudden, loud noises, but they perform as well as any noise-cancelling I have ever tried – including my Bose QC2 over-ear headphones which I have relied on for many years.  They also work fine as passive, unpowered earphones with the ANC turned off.

The sound is excellent for the price range, with an exceptionally good, deep bass response when ANC is switched on. The articulation is very clear and I find the sound extremely well balanced.  It's not too harsh but the tops are very bright and the middles are rich.  I have a Test Playlist which I use for audio products beginning with 15th Century choral music, ending up with The Rolling Stones, Leonard Cohen and London Grammar and going through most things in between; these perform well throughout, and I thought everything sounded good with clear distinction of instruments and voices in classical music and a good firm sound throughout in rock and the like.  Things which need a real bass sound great, like a theorbo or a viola da gamba, or tracks like Sorrow by The National or London Grammar's Hey Now.
  
I have tried quite a lot of earphones and in an increasingly crowded market I think these are among the best I've heard in this price range.  They are very good quality earphones which give very good, flexible sound with exceptional bass response in ANC mode, and they have very effective noise-cancelling. I can recommend these wholeheartedly.

Amazon page HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment