Friday 17 June 2016

August EP650 Bluetooth headphones


Rating: 5/5

Review:
Excellent headphones

The manufacturers sent me these headphones for review and I am extremely impressed. The sound quality is remarkably good and they are extremely comfortable - the two essential qualities for good headphones.

The headphones can be connected to an audio source via Bluetooth, USB or 3.5mm jack. USB and jack-to-jack leads are included in the box so you can connect them to almost anything. In Bluetooth mode you can also pause the music and accept an incoming call by pressing a button on the phones, and speak via the built-in microphone. They also have volume and skip-forward and skip-back buttons. (These work in Bluetooth mode only, by the way. This makes sense because if you're wired to your device then you can obviously control things from the device itself, but I thought I'd mention it.) The internal battery has a good long life - at least 8 hours use on mine, which is enough for most purposes between recharges. Recharging is via the USB cable.

The headphones are extremely comfortable. They are lightweight and very well cushioned, and I've worn them for at least a couple of hours at a stretch without really being aware of them. Where they really stand out for me, though, is in sound quality. I tried them first with a Joan Armatrading album with pretty rich production (it was What's Inside, since you ask), and it sounded just fantastic. Sharp and distinct with good treble, a really full, rich middle and the best bass response I think I've ever heard from headphones. They're just as good with almost everything else I tried, too from 16th Century choral music to Led Zeppelin. Some people may perhaps find them a little bass heavy in classical music, but it's a matter of taste - and anything rocky sounds really great.

I'm sorry to gush, but I listen to a lot of music on headphones and I genuinely think these are excellent. They knock spots off my Sennheiser HD448s and come close to my beloved Bose QC2s. I may even prefer them to the QC2s for rock, blues and the like, which is really saying something. They are very good value for headphones of this quality and I can recommend them very warmly indeed.

Amazon page HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment