Thursday 2 June 2016

Sandisk - iExpand Flash Drive 64GB


Rating: 5/5

Review:
An excellent, flexible flash drive



I think this is an excellent flash drive.  It works very well, it's well designed and it seems well made.  (I've not had the durability problems reported by another reviewer – yet, anyway.  I will report back if I do have any trouble with it.)

The device is simple in conception: it has a normal USB 3.0 plug at one end and a lightning connector at the other so it can be used with both PCs and Apple devices.  The design is very neat, with the lightning connector tucked back in to form a handle. 

It just works.  Plug it in and it's recognised straight away, and just under 60GB of free memory is available.  I get write speeds of around 20MB/s on my USB2.0 PC, which is very good – and if you've got USB3.0 they will be much faster.  Music and video play fine direct from the drive, and it's a great way to use or transfer files from your laptop to your iPhone.  (It won't connect directly to an Android phone, of course, but an OTG lead will do the trick.)

I've used Sandisk products for years – both their SD cards and an mp3 player and I have found them excellent.  I have confidence that this will be a similarly reliable and long-lived drive, and I can recommend it.  I'm very pleased with mine.

Amazon page HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment